It is time for my favorite (and some time hardest) part of the week. Faceless Friday, where I list out, with gratitude and appreciation everything that rocked my face OFF this past week.
And so it begins:
- Tears. I have cried a few times over the past few weeks. I have cried over my life, my situation, my relationships, but Saturday was different. Saturday I cried and surrendered and just let the ugly cry take over. I had not cried like that for close to a year. I needed that cry, I needed to feel the sadness and weight of everything I have been feeling and wanting. I needed that dark reminder that I am human. I needed to feel that fear set in that screams “If you do not do something, you will surely die”.
- Music. More specifically Octavian, the samurai swordsman/warrior playing guitar and singing. No matter what I am feeling, dreading, overwhelmed with, etc. his playing soothes me to my core. To my core. Music has been my comfort, my friend, my love and my life for as long as I can remember, and I feel blessed to be able to share that with someone.
- A room. Or more specifically a room with a door on it, so I can close that fucker when I need to.
- The word flabbergasted. I think that more people should use this word, and I will now make it a point to use it whenever possible.
- Dance parties through the internets. I feel blessed that I have made some solid friends through my Craughing page, and that we all seem to just “get” each other… and that we all like to shake our asses.
- Simplicity. This is something I crave more of in my life, but when it does happen I am so grateful for it. I had lunch with a dear friend this past week and we both agreed that people should stop complicating so many things. Having that understanding with someone was awesome, and I will be writing about all of those thoughts on a later date. Until then I will cherish when people say what they mean, and truly mean what they say.
- All of the people that take the time to read this blog. I am overwhelmed with gratitude and a great knowing that I am not alone, I hope all of you feel the same.
With much love.
6 thoughts on “Faceless Friday: Part 9”
Flabbergasted to read that someone else adores that word. xoxo.
Flabbergasted by your awesomeness! And close the fucking door! I’m dancing in here! Xoxo
Dance parties make the days so much better….and crying is so cathartic, as long as you can laugh too Oh Craughing one!
Flabbergasted at the awesomeness of perfect strangers enriching each other’s lives by putting it all on display and the phenomenal supportive and loving response it receives. Craughing, El, Katy, I ❤ you all.
And we love YOU!!!! So grateful for all of you!
Sometimes the ugly cry is essential. I always feel so much better after I do that…even if my face would tell otherwise.