It is time for my favorite (and some time hardest) part of the week. Faceless Friday, where I list out, with gratitude and appreciation everything that rocked my face OFF this past week.
And so it begins:
- Tears. I have cried a few times over the past few weeks. I have cried over my life, my situation, my relationships, but Saturday was different. Saturday I cried and surrendered and just let the ugly cry take over. I had not cried like that for close to a year. I needed that cry, I needed to feel the sadness and weight of everything I have been feeling and wanting. I needed that dark reminder that I am human. I needed to feel that fear set in that screams “If you do not do something, you will surely die”.
- Music. More specifically Octavian, the samurai swordsman/warrior playing guitar and singing. No matter what I am feeling, dreading, overwhelmed with, etc. his playing soothes me to my core. To my core. Music has been my comfort, my friend, my love and my life for as long as I can remember, and I feel blessed to be able to share that with someone.
- A room. Or more specifically a room with a door on it, so I can close that fucker when I need to.
- The word flabbergasted. I think that more people should use this word, and I will now make it a point to use it whenever possible.
- Dance parties through the internets. I feel blessed that I have made some solid friends through my Craughing page, and that we all seem to just “get” each other… and that we all like to shake our asses.
- Simplicity. This is something I crave more of in my life, but when it does happen I am so grateful for it. I had lunch with a dear friend this past week and we both agreed that people should stop complicating so many things. Having that understanding with someone was awesome, and I will be writing about all of those thoughts on a later date. Until then I will cherish when people say what they mean, and truly mean what they say.
- All of the people that take the time to read this blog. I am overwhelmed with gratitude and a great knowing that I am not alone, I hope all of you feel the same.
With much love.